24 Fun Facts About Mobile Phones
1. $4000 was the cost of first mobile phone in the US, in 1983.
2. In 2012, Apple sold more than 340,000 iPhones per day, around 4 per second.
3. Be careful while using your mobile phone, it has 18 times more bacteria than toilet handles.
4. Is your phone water proof? 90% of mobile phones in Japan are waterproof.
5. Insomnia, confusion and headaches can be caused by mobile phone radiation. Experts have identified ringxiety, nomophobia, telephonophobia and frigensophobia as conditions that can effect people.
6. This sounds odd, but you can charge your phone by using urine, a method which scientists are currently working on.
7. The first mobile call was made by Martin Cooper in 1973.
8. The present smartphone have more computing power than the computers used for the Apollo 11 to land on the moon.
9. In Britain, more than 100,000 mobile phones are dropped down the toilet every year.
10. In 1993, the world’s first Smartphone was debuted at Florida’s Wireless World Conference by BellSouth Cellular, with an LCD touch screen display. This was designed by IBM and named as Simon, priced at $899 and only 2000 Simmons were made at that time.
11. In U.S., the mobile phone towers and antennas are often disguised. Engineers have developed ways to install the equipment into telephone poles, clock faces, church roofs and even in signs, as well as plastic trees.
12. 70% of mobile phones are manufactured in China.
13. Around 80% of the world’s population has a mobile phone.
14. More than 90% of adults have their mobile phone within arm’s reach all the time.
15. There are more mobile phones than PCs, with a ratio of 5:1.
16. More than 4 billion people own mobile phones, but only 3.5 billion use a toothbrush.
17. Within 3 minutes of delivery, 90% of text messages are read.
18. More than 80% of adults in the U.S. own a mobile phone.
19. What is your monthly mobile bill? 142,000 pounds is the highest ever mobile bill, by Celina Aarons.
20. According to Guinness World Records, Sonim XP3300 Force is recognised as the toughest phone. It survived an 84ft drop without any operational damage.
21. The mobile phone industry is the fastest growing industry in the world.
22. iPhone 5 Black Diamond is the costliest phone in the world, costing $15 million. It will take nine weeks to build, made of 135 gram solid gold of 24 carat and the chassis is inlaid with 600 white diamonds.
23. 74% of smartphone users use their mobile phone to help with shopping, of which 79% ultimately making a purchase.
24. Mobile phone users mostly spend their time on games and social networking (49% and 30% respectively).
- Joseph Flaherty